Thursday, January 5, 2012

Words with Inanimate Objects

Today, I learned a lot of valuable lessons.  Like, there are places in this world where Burger King signs have religious overtones.  And, when in rural Florida, one must accept the fact that there is no such thing as a non-country-radio-station.

Perhaps most importantly, though, I learned that, given 17 hours of solitary car time, there's really no telling what I'll do...

Words with Inanimate Objects
GPS: continue on interstate 95 for 590 miles
me: ohmygod, 590 miles on the same road?!
GPS: [silence]
me: well, I guess I'll just try to limit my stops to get there faster.
GPS: [silence]
me: Ooo, there's a Dairy Queen Brazier at the next exit!!
GPS: [judgmental silence]





4 comments:

  1. Have you set your GPS voice as the "Australian" voice? Because she is the least judgmental, unless you start passive-agressively asking her to please find a still-functional Chi-Chi's in a faux-innocent voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, my GPS has that judgmental silence too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Zackmorriscellphone - I'm still learning all the features, but I was hoping to find a "self deprecating Midwestern" voice option.

    ReplyDelete