Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This Week's Highs and Lows

This week has given me a lot to think about.  Occupy Wall Street, political turmoil, a new Anthropologie four blocks from work.  So, so much to think about...


This Week's Highs and Lows
High - Phone catch-ups with long distance friends
Low - "So, I've been really into '19 Kids and Counting' lately. Oh, really?  You're so busy with life that you don't watch TV?  Yeah, I mean, me too." 

High - Crisp, cool air and changing of seasons
Low - Realizing, at work, that my autumn business casual smells like Tupperware storage containers 

High - Re-discovering yoga
Low - Re-discovering muscles in the upper right thigh, which are evidently imperative for sitting and walking 

High - A quiet night out with friends, because "we're all too tired for that artistic, outdoor party next door" 
Low - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/20/fashion/in-brooklyn-two-days-of-peace-and-music-sort-of-scene-city.html?_r=2&ref=style 

High - Finding new leggings that are almost as thick as pants!
Low - Finally admitting to the world that I intend to wear leggings as pants.


2 comments:

  1. I can't remember where I found this but you are a complete riot! I loved your baby name rundown as well! : )

    And nothing wrong with some legging-pants.... Rock that stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah, very excited to become part of the DC blog community :)

    ReplyDelete